Theme: Realizing the Potential – Africa’s Healthcare Delivery Post-COVID
The Nkafu Africa Health Forum gathers health experts from around the world to address the pertinent issues challenging the health sector in Africa. The forum brings together multi dynamic and diverse stakeholders to accelerate progress towards achieving Universal Health Coverage (UHC) and collectively discuss a course forward by highlighting and seeking to address Africa’s most pressing health challenges. The 2-day forum will spotlight key health issues on the continent, and showcase how new research, innovation can transform the healthcare industry on the continent. The forum is organized by the Health Policy and Research Division of the Nkafu Policy Institute lodged at the Denis and Lenora Foretia Foundation.
On this occasion, the Nkafu Policy Institute is therefore calling for the submission of abstracts. This event gives you the opportunity to showcase your work to a wide audience of academia, researcher+/s, health managers, healthcare professionals and policy and decision-makers from Africa and beyond. By presenting your abstract, you will highlight best practices and share innovative ideas and knowledge in health with leading experts in the field. Your research will be fundamental to identify, discuss and address current and future needs of the health sector in Africa.
You may submit your abstract for an oral or poster presentation. Do not miss the opportunity to take part in the first ever organised “Nkafu Africa Health Forum, 2022”.
Below are the submission guidelines. Please do read them carefully.
Authors can edit their abstracts until the submission deadline. No further changes will be accepted after this date. All submissions must be made online on the abstract submission platform. Abstracts submitted in any other way will not be accepted. For any issues with the online platform, please email: [email protected] or [email protected]
>> Download the brochure <<
Language All documents must be submitted and presented in English or French). It is the authors’ responsibility to submit a correct abstract (grammatically and scientifically).
Type of presentation
Abstracts may be considered as an oral or poster presentation.
Please note that the final decision on the acceptance of your abstract, lies with the Abstract Review Committee.
Nkafu Africa Health Forum Topics
- Attaining Universal Health Coverage in Africa
- Digitalizing health care systems in Africa
- Health care financing towards greater health equity in Africa
- Modernization of Africa Health care systems
- Increasing Africa’s Diagnostic and Pharmaceutical capacity
- Confronting new and re-emerging infectious diseases in the age of COVID-19
- Optimizing healthcare delivery in Africa
- Challenges adopting and implementing innovative medical practices in Africa
- Caner Care
- Surgical care
- Diagnostic Diseases
- Abstracts should be a maximum of 450 words divided into
- Context/Background: max 100 words
- Methods: max 150 words
- Results/Discussion: max 150 words
- Conclusion: max 50 words
- Abstract with word counts greater than 450 words shall be rejected.
Only the main author or a co-author may present the abstract. The presenting author must be clearly marked on the submission form. Please do provide up-to-date contact details, as those will be used for any communications related to the Forum and your presentation.
Any changes in the presenter or their contact details must be communicated as soon as possible to the Nkafu Policy Institute, by email to [email protected] or [email protected]
All abstracts will be graded following the criteria below:
· State of Completion: The abstract must show substantial results indicating that the work has been or is nearly completed.
· Novelty: The abstract must show innovative information, cutting-edge results, or present a new topic or application in the field of interest; it should be attractive and provocative for a discussion with the audience.
· Advancement of field: The abstract should present a significant contribution to the field, and the authors must specify how the paper will contribute to the development of global knowledge.
· Quality: The quality of an abstract will be considered indicative of the quality of the final presentation by the reviewers. Authors should prepare their abstracts with care, assuring that the reader will understand the background of the issue(s) and the objectives of the presentation.
· Relevance: Abstracts must be concise and coherent, and the focus of the abstract and its relevance to an international audience should be stated clearly.
Abstract review process
Abstracts shall be reviewed by a committee made up of experienced health and research experts.
Notification of results
All abstract submitters will be notified of the outcome via email, The email will contain information on:
· Acceptance or rejection of the abstract
· Type of presentation (oral or poster)
· Details on your presentation (poster size; length of presentation; PPT template; etc.)
Registration to the Conference
Abstract presenters must register for the 2022 Nkafu Africa Health Forum
The Nkafu Policy Institute does not guarantee to presenters who register after said date that their abstracts will be included in the conference publications, including the Abstract book and conference program.
All sessions will take place in the GMT +1 time zone. All presenters must register via the online Registration platform.
>> Download the brochure <<