February 24, 2023, 9:00am – 1:00pm at Muna Foundation, Yaoundé
The question of health care financing is a crucial concern in every health system in the current context of global rise in health spending, especially in developing countries where out-of-pocket expenditures are the main way of financing health care services. However, out of pocket payments for health care contributes to deepen social inequalities, while exposing populations to poor quality health care services and financial catastrophes related to the cost of health spending. Among the public health strategies to reduce out-of-pocket healthcare financing are public funding, private health insurance, social solidarity and enhancement of health infrastructures quality and capacity. How do public health settings in Cameroon currently contribute to reduce out-of-pocket health expenditures? What are their challenges? And what are the perspectives to improve their contributions to the reduction of out-of-pocket health care financing? Those are some questions that will be addressed during this webinar organized by the Health Research Division of the Nkafu Policy Institute.
The general objective of this event is to enlighten the contribution of healthcare facilities to reduce out-of-pocket health care financing in Cameroon.
– Identify the mechanisms by which public healthcare facilities contribute to the reduction of out-of-pocket health care financing in Cameroon.
– Determine the challenges of healthcare facilities related reduction of out-of-pocket health care spending.
– Propose strategies to improve the contributions of public health care facilities to the reduction of out-of-pocket health care spending.
3. Targeted audience
This webinar intends to gather ministry of public health representatives, health economists, health care providers, health researchers, civil society organizations, health equity advocates, policy makers as well as the general public.
4. Expected results
– Mechanisms by which public healthcare facilities currently contributes to the reduction of out-of-pocket healthcare financing will be identified and their main challenges will be pointed out.
– Propositions and recommendations to improve the contributions of public healthcare facilities currently contributes to the reduction of out-of-pocket healthcare financing will be made.