March 15, 2023, 3:00pm – 4:00pm
Online – Zoom (Register Here)
Health care coverage is a key point in fostering access to quality and affordable health care services for all. In a context of limited resources where public and governmental actions are not sufficient to ensure health care coverage for every citizen, private initiatives must be encouraged. Otherwise, one of the reasons why private health insurance still struggle to settle in Cameroon, is lack of trust in insurance companies’ system and yet health care providers involvement in the process, may bring more credit to private health insurance schemes and motivates enrollment. The private health insurance system proposed by THEA medical foundation is an example of such an engagement that can serve as model for other health care practitioners. The problematic that will be addressed during this webinar rely on the following questions: What are the health care providers’ concrete actions for private health insurance promotion? What are the encountered challenges? How to engage more health care providers in the promotion of private health insurance?
§ General objective
The general objective of this webinar is to identify and understand concrete actions raised by health care providers to promote private health insurance in Cameroon.
§ Specific objectives
– Identify health care providers initiatives that promote private health insurance
– Discuss the functioning and challenges of the THEA’s medical foundation and MEDCAMER health coverage system
– Propose strategies to engage more health care providers in promoting private health insurance.
3. Targeted audience
This event intends to gather, health economists, insurance specialists, health care providers, health researchers, civil society organizations, health equity advocates, as well as the general public.
4. Expected results
– Health care providers initiatives that promote private health insurance will be identified
– The functioning and challenges of the THEA’s foundation and MEDCAMER health coverage will be understood.
– Propositions and recommendations to engage more health care providers in promoting private health insurance will be made.