CALL FOR APPLICATION: DIRECTOR OF RESEARCH
The Nkafu policy Institute of the Denis and Lenora Foretia Foundation whose mission is to catalyze our economic transformation by focusing on social entrepreneurship, science and technology, innovation, public health and the implementation of progressive policies that together creates economic opportunities for all.
The Denis & Lenora Foretia Foundation seeks to recruit an experienced Director of Research to oversee the Research Team of the Nkafu policy Institute. This fulltime position will be based in Yaounde.
As Director of research, you shall responsible for providing research leadership, which normally includes:
- Promoting and facilitating leading-edge research, including collaborative and interdisciplinary research, in areas related to the goals and vision of the Nkafu policy Institute;
- Building, and providing sufficient support for, a group of innovative researchers to enhance research capacity at the NPI and to increase internal and external research opportunities for analyst and fellows
- Developing mutually beneficial linkages with policy makers in order to develop partnerships and encourage uptake of research findings;
- Ensuring constant publication of research papers, articles etc…
- Organizing workshops and seminars for presentation of research finding
- Providing leadership to team of researchers
- Coach and mentor the research team to help realize their potentials and identify additional training needs where necessary
Qualifications / Skills required:
- Capable of carrying out independent research
- ‘must be a team player
- results orientated
- pay attention to details
- must have publications in scientific journals of international standing
Education, and Experience:
- Must hold a terminal degree in any of the following discipline, (development, economic, political science, sociology
- At least 5 years working experience in an academic institution, public or private sector
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate a small team would be an advantage
- Willingness to re-locate to Yaoundé
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The deadline for the receipt of applications is 31st October, 2020. All applications must be submitted using the Online Portal below