Call For Applications For The Emerging Leaders Program
About the program
In order to prepare a new generation of transformative leaders, the Denis & Lenora Foretia Foundation, in partnership with the National Endowment for Democracy in the United States, is launching a unique program targeting the leaders of tomorrow based in Cameroon. This special program will identify highly qualified and motivated Cameroonians under the age of 35, who demonstrate remarkable leadership and great potential in their understanding of Policy & Public Service and who are dedicated to implementing positive changes in the country. This second edition of the Emerging Leaders Program is limited to 20 people.
Nominate a candidate
The candidate for the Emerging Leaders Program must meet the following conditions:
- be Cameroonian;
- be under 35 years of age by September, 2020;
- be bilingual (English and French);
- have at least a bachelor’s degree;
- Have a good understanding of the history and geopolitical complexity of the country;
- Be able to articulate his/her thoughts in newspaper articles or television interviews;
- Must be versatile and comfortable with public speaking and be able to interact and engage with policy makers;
- Demonstrate good leadership qualities.
Benefits and expectations of the program
- The leaders of tomorrow will participate in a 3-day immersion in Policy & Public Service in Yaounde. All expenses will be covered by the Foundation.
- The Emerging leaders will be split into four groups of five that will be provided financing to host an event of their choice promoting political freedoms and a democratic culture in any region in the country. Topics may include governance issues, human rights, or youth engagement in public service. These events will be an important opportunity for the organization to encourage youth leaders to work for a freer, more peaceful, and more democratic future Cameroon.
- The leaders will produce at least 20 publications in the 12-month period on democracy, human rights
and freedoms to promote citizen engagement
- Emerging leaders will be affiliated with the Governance and Democracy Initiative (GDI) of the Nkafu Policy Institute for a period of one (1) year.
- As affiliates of GDI, they will participate in training seminars organized by the Nkafu Policy Institute and publish short articles on a quarterly basis.
Interested applicants should complete the ONLINE application form no later than September 15th, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. PT. No paper version for this program will be accepted. If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com
You will need the following documents to complete your application:
- A copy of your national identity card or passport clearly showing your photo and date of birth.
- A cover letter explaining why you should be selected for this program. The cover letter must be less than 300 words. If the text exceeds 300 words, you will not be able to submit your dossier online.
- A curriculum vita of less than 3 pages with two (2) contactable professional references
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Timeline of the Young Emerging Leaders Program:
September 15th, 2020: application deadline
September 20th, 2020: Notice to shortlisted candidates
September 24th, 2020: Announcement of selected emerging leaders
October 14th – 16th, 2020: Start of the Emerging Leaders Program in Yaounde