As part of a data gathering survey on the socioeconomic outlook of Cameroonians the Nkafu Policy Institute, a Cameroonian Think Tank at the Denis & Lenora Foretia Foundationis launching the recruitment of a team of 20 Intern-field investigators, for a part-time contract.
The main missions of the trainee field investigator will be:
- Take part in the training session on data collection techniques;
- Make contact with the target people;
- Enter data into forms and questionnaires;
- Validate the person’s understanding of the questions and answers in accordance with neutrality;
- Respect the time allowed for each question and for the survey in general;
- Participate in the drafting of survey reports based on data collected in the field;
Skills and profiles sought:
- Be of Cameroonian nationality;
- Have a university level (minimum Bachelor’s degree) in natural or social sciences or related fields;
- Have a good oral expression;
- Having already conducted a survey would be an asset;
- Good knowledge of at least one of Cameroon’s 10 regions;
- Strong relational and communicative skills;
- Dynamic and rigorous; and good morality and ethical
- Being able to work in a team, independently and under pressure in a short time,
- Have a good knowledge of the electronic collection of field data (smartphones, tablets, etc …) will be an asset,
- Have an ability to assimilate and understand many concepts in a very short time,
- Have a good ability to analyze, summarize, and write reports,
- Have the ability to manage and coordinate a field team,
- Be able to stay and work in difficult environments
- Being bilingual will be an asset
Your Resume should also include:
- Confirmation that you are free from any commitment during the survey period
- The contacts of two reference persons who can attest to your previous similar experiences.
Interested candidates are requested to complete their application using the online portal (CV or Resume + cover letter + copy of the university diploma + copy of the national identity card)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and subjected to a series of tests on their skills, aptitudes and experiences.
NB: Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.