Each year, a significant body of knowledge is produced in the domain of healthcare, health policy and systems through the conduct of primary research in Cameroon, Africa and beyond. However, insufficient efforts have been put in place to make this knowledge available to policy makers and healthcare practitioners to inform policy and clinical practice. Decision makers are in great need of the best available evidence to life saving decisions.
It is in a bid to fix this knowledge to action gap that The Cameroon Centre for Evidence Based Healthcare (CCEBHC) in Collaboration with Health Promotion Alliance Cameroon (HPAC) and the Nkafu Policy Institute is organizing a five days systematic review training workshop for research scientists, health professionals and policy makers. The objective is to impart participants with the knowledge and hands-on skills required to undertake a systematic review using quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
Identifying research or policy question, defining PICO, data extraction, risk of bias, Grade and meta-analysis
- Be register with JBI systematic review
- Get connected with mentors
- Opportunity to publish in peer review journal
- Hands-on skills to independently run a systematic review
- Access to JBI platform for systematic review
- JBI certificate of completion
- Empower with skills to become a systematic reviewer
- Holders of MA, MS, PhD, MD degree in the Social Sciences, science and biomedical sciences
- Be computer literate (Microsoft word, excel, PowerPoint and internet).
- Be in position of a laptop computer during the training
- Good knowledge of English language
- Possess strong research writing and analytical skills (research design, data collection and analysis and report writing).
- Letter of motivation (Max 500 words)
- A scanned copy of your Masters or PhD certificates.
Cost of training
The participation fee for the five days workshop is 25000frs to cover registration fee, course materials, coffee break, lunch and JBI certificate of completion. This money can be paid using this mobile money account number +237 676 24 11 52
- Participants are responsible for their lodging and transportation
Date of workshop
June 21st-25th of June, 2021
Denis and Lenora Foretia Foundation situated near College Jesus-Marie, Simbock.
Application documents can be submitted online by clicking on the button below or call +237 676 24 11 52 for additional information:
Deadline for receiving applications is 16th June, 2021
Selected candidates will be notified on the 18th of June, 2021 and given a day to confirm their participation. Failure to confirm participation, a replacement will be made with a candidate on the waiting list.
Selected candidates will be given workshop program and reading materials prior to the start of the workshop.
Due to time constraints, we will not be able to contact all candidates about the outcome of the selection. Consequently, only selected candidates will be contacted.
If you have further questions you can send an email to [email protected]