Website NkafuPolicyInst Nkafu Policy Institute
Catalyzing Africa’s Economic Transformation
The Denis & Lenora Foretia Foundation is hiring a senior policy analyst for the Economic Affairs Division of the Nkafu Policy Institute. These full-time positions will be based in Yaoundé-Cameroon.
The Nkafu policy Institute at the Denis and Lenora Foretia Foundation is a Think tank whose mission is to catalyze our economic transformation by focusing on social entrepreneurship, science and technology, innovation, public health and the implementation of progressive policies that together creates economic opportunities for all.
Roles and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Economic affairs Division, the
Senior Economic Policy Analysts will have the following roles and responsibilities:
- Monitors economic developments in the area of economic, social and environment development and identifies recurrent and emerging issues of concern to the Nkafu Policy Institute;
- Study policies, rate their effectiveness and propose evidence-based policies.
- Work with other Policy Analysts to help refine analysis, improve the accessibility, and increase the impact of Institute’s products.
- Designs and conducts studies of selected issues in economic and sustainable development and draft resulting reports.
- Interprets and applies results of econometric modelling, and masters pertinent statistical packages for analysis of economic prospects and economic diversification policies;
- Present research findings to public policymakers, service providers and the news media all in view to provide policy advice to authorities and educate the public;
- Stay abreast with regional and national research and policy issues relevant to the Foundation’s mission and vision.
- Support efforts to respond to requests for information and technical assistance from other policymakers and the media.
- Develops and publish articles, op-eds, policy briefs, reports and draft policy recommendations pertaining to area of work.
- Be involved in the execution of grants activities if and when called upon to do so.
Essential skills required
- Holder of Doctorate in economics with at least 5 years in economic research and analysis, policy formulation, application of economic principles in development programs or related area.
- Experience in economic policy analysis with a focus on: Trade and regional economic integration, monetary and fiscal policies, gender equality and women economic empowerment, socio-economic development, social entrepreneurship, sustainable and inclusive development, international economics, macroeconomics, finance, commodity markets, applied microeconomics, development economics, or econometrics.
- Experience in publishing articles in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to policy publications and to develop policy implications from economic analysis and modeling.
- Have a good knowledge of work experience in emerging markets or developing countries.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, primarily written to be able to produce rapid, concise and insightful reports and analysis of economic developments.
- Vital networking and relationship management skills. The successful candidate will need to develop and extend existing contacts and maintain a vast network.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues.
- General Economic Knowledge and Analytical Skills — Possesses a demonstrated track record of working with economic and sectoral data and analytical tools and models to conduct economic analyses;
- Experience in Program/project Management and event delivery would be an asset.
- Flexible approach, strong initiative and adaptability.
- Excellent command (both oral and written) of English and French
Application Deadline: Please submit your application on or before April 15, 2023.
Note: Applications shall ONLY be accepted through the online application portal: we shall NOT accept applications sent by email.
Kindly click on the link and fill out the application form. The following documents will be required during the application process
- An updated detailed curriculum vitae
- A motivational letter
- A passport size photograph
- A copy of an academic article published in a peer-reviewed journal.
- Any other relevant documents relevant for the position.
To apply for this job please visit www.emailmeform.com.