Website foretiafound Denis & Lenora Foretia Foundation
Catalyzing Africa’s Economic Transformation
The Denis and Lenora Foretia Foundation has as a mission to catalyze Africa’s economic transformation by focusing on social entrepreneurship, science and technology, innovation, public health, and the implementation of progressive policies that together create economic opportunities for all.
The Denis & Lenora Foretia Foundation seeks to recruit an experienced Events Manager to oversee and organize events that will make an impact on our target audience. You’ll ensure events are successful and cost-effective, paying attention to budget and time constraints. We want to see enthusiastic candidates with fresh ideas and the organizational skills required to not leave anything about an event to chance.
As an event manager, you’ll need to:
- liaise with different teams in the Foundation to find out their exact event requirements.
- produce detailed proposals for events (including calendar, timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing, and budgets).
- Ensure every event is carefully planned for success (including the timely preparation and management of events staff, before, during, and after the events with clear roles assigned).
- Ensure measures are put in place to minimize the negative effects of unanticipated circumstances during events.
- research venues, suppliers, and contractors, then negotiate prices and hire.
- manage and coordinate suppliers and all event logistics (for example, venue, catering, and travel).
- liaise with communication and department teams to publicize and promote the event through various channels.
- manage all pre-event planning, organizing guest speakers, and delegate packs.
- Coordinated suppliers, handle teams’ queries, and troubleshoot on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly and to budget.
- manage a team of staff, giving full briefings.
- organize facilities for car parking, traffic control, security, first aid, hospitality, and the media.
- oversee the dismantling and removal of the event and clear the venue efficiently.
- Liaise with the departments to produce a calendar of events for the foundation.
- Coaches and counsels employees to reflect company service standards and procedures.
- Effectively respond to emerging issues (including misunderstandings and conflicts) during events on time.
- Oversee the timely preparations of evaluative reports of events in collaboration with assigned team leads (this includes among others, analyzing the strong and weak points of every event, preparing metrics presentations, and submitting electronic and hard copies of reports to management.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication or marketing or another
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in a senior role in an Event/Catering environment
- Fluent in English and French languages
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at once
- Incredibly detail-oriented
- Ability to sell the event to interested parties
- Service-oriented style with professional presentations skills
- Great interpersonal skills, high energy, and motivational leader
- negotiation skills when looking for the best price from venues, suppliers, and contractors
- time-management skills and the ability to work under pressure to ensure the efficient running of an event
- problem-solving skills and diplomacy
- a flexible, target-driven, proactive approach
All applications will be completed ONLINE using the Application Portal. To complete your application, you will need:
- A one-page cover letter indicating your interest in the position (in PDF)
- A curriculum vitae/ Resume (in PDF)
- A professional photo
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis (starting February 17, 2023) and continue until all positions are filled.
To apply for this job please visit www.emailmeform.com.