Job Description – Director of Operations
The Denis & Lenora Foretia Foundation was established to catalyze Africa’s economic transformation by focusing on social entrepreneurship, science and technology, innovation, public health and progressive policies that create economic opportunities for all. The foundation works in partnership with local governments, policy makers, private enterprises, civil society organizations as well as development partners to expand the resources available to entrepreneurs, farmers, and small business owners in addition to improving individual livelihoods.
To develop our activities in Cameroon, we are recruiting a full time Director of Operations to be based in Yaoundé.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Foundation and temporarily perform the duties of the office of the Chief Operating Officer (COO) when s/he is unavailable.
· Develop, in collaboration with the COO and the senior management team, an annual operating plan that supports the Foundation’s long-term operations strategy.
· Provide timely and candid updates of the Foundation’s operations and progress towards achieving set goals including material deviations from the goals or objectives and policies established by the Board.
· Ensure open communication, timely issue resolution, and effective project development.
· Attend Management Meetings and present vital information with respect to the health of the Foundation to Senior Management.
· Foster a culture that promotes ethical practices, service and encourages individual integrity.
· Maintain a positive and ethical work climate that is conducive to attracting, retaining, and motivating a diverse group of team members at all levels.
· Coordinate the Foundation’s sustainable strategies and manage principal operating risks, such as proposals, projects, and staffing.
· Ensure that there is an effective succession plan in place for the Director of Operations position and other key executives of the Foundation reporting to the COO and CEO.
· Assist the COO in establishing an appropriate organizational structure.
· Perform other functions related to the office of the COO, including requests from the CEO or the Board.
Qualifications and Skills
· Excellent interpersonal, presentation and public speaking skills, both practiced and impromptu
· BILINGUAL (English and French)
· Excellent mastery of accounting practices with experience in grants management
· Masters or Doctorate in Business Administration, Law, Management or related areas
· Familiarity with the operational procedures at all levels of the organization
· A strong analytical and data-driven mindset that translates into leadership skills
· Ability to inspire team members to live up to their potential and optimize their productivity
· Sound decision-making and problem-solving skills in pressure situations
· Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
· Proven experience in senior management roles or a similar and relevant role
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be submitted using the online portal below.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.