CALL FOR HEALTH RESEARCH INTERNS
The Denis and Lenora Foretia Foundation works to catalyze Africa’s Economic Transformation through social entrepreneurship, science and technology, innovation, public health, and progressive policies that create economic opportunities for all. Our areas of work include sustainable development, science and innovation, health, leadership, education, entrepreneurship, economic and public policy. The Denis and Lenora Foundation is an umbrella non-profit institution with several departments including the Nkafu Policy Institute, the Small Business and Entrepreneurship Center, the Communication, and the Sustainable Development Programs
The Nkafu Policy Institute is a Cameroonian think tank lodged at the Denis & Lenora Foretia Foundation. The Institute seeks to advance public policies that help all Africans prosper in free, fair, and sustainable economies. It provides independent, in-depth, and insightful policy recommendations that advance the Cameroonian economy and the economies in Africa. The Institute brings together leading analysts, experts, and contributors from across the globe in the fields of governance and democracy; health and education; peace and security; science and technology; and economic policy. Our reputation is founded on independence, rigor, and innovation.
The Nkafu Policy Institute is currently in search of one (1) highly motivated intern to join the Nkafu team to promote and advance our work. The positions are based at our headquarters in Yaoundé-Cameroon. We target outstanding recent graduates who are interested in gaining practical experience in research, policy analysis, event planning, and project management.?
With guidance from senior colleagues and supervisors, the recruited interns shall perform diverse activities ranging from research work, a compilation of statistical data, and preparation of draft reports, administrative duties, assisting with events, and project management.?
The Health Division: The Education & Health Policy Division of the Nkafu Policy Institute focuses on research and evidence-based approaches to key health, education and development policy challenges. The Education and Health Division department is currently in search of 01 (one) intern.
- Assist with a broad range of activities that support policy advancement at a regional or a national level such as organizing and reporting on research, seminars, conferences, and workshops.
- Assist Research Fellows and Institute staff with projects, program-related research, and development, including participation in the planning and coordination of activities/events.
- Complete research tasks as assigned, such as conducting literature reviews; finding, organizing, and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Preparing memos, concept notes, presentations, briefs, reports, and presentations.
- Other administrative duties as assigned by departmental staff or management.
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidates will possess:
At least a Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following fields:
- Public Health
- Development Studies, Gender Studies
Or in any other field related to the above-mentioned.
- Strong writing and research skills; must be able to distill relevant information from large data sets, reports, articles and academic papers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in English and French.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint…).
- Be a good communicator and team player.
- Be able to multi-task, be extremely organized, and have meticulous attention to detail.
- Desire to learn, take initiative, and suggest best practices with a willingness to take and implement constructive feedback and guidance.
- Honesty, integrity, respect, and professionalism.
- Discipline and teamwork.
- Positive and proactive attitude.
What we offer
We offer three (3) months of full-time internship with leading experts and academics, where you will be working on a diverse range of subjects. We equally offer transport allowance, in-house training and unlimited access to the internet. Our interns have full access to research seminars, roundtables, workshops, and discussion groups hosted by the Nkafu Policy Institute and its partners, in addition to conferences on a wide range of emerging issues critical to business and policy interests in Cameroon and Africa at large.
We require each intern to own a laptop upon starting their internship.
Applications will be reviewed on the rolling basics. Only eligible candidates will be contacted.
How to apply
Please click on APPLY below to submit your application. Be sure to attach your resumé and cover letter.
For more information
Feel free to contact us at email@example.com