JOB ANNOUNCEMENT- ASSISTANT EVENT COORDINATOR (Full time)
The Denis & Lenora Foretia Foundation seeks to recruit a full time assistant Event coordinator, to manage the all its in-person. and online Events. This fulltime position will be based in Yaounde.
We are seeking an ambitious, creative, and interpersonal skills candidate for the role of an assistant Event coordinator. Under the direct supervision of the Events Manager, the Assistant Event Coordinator will be responsible for developing a strategy for the successful planning, executing, and managing of the On-site and Virtual events organized by the Foundation.
- Negotiate, plan and successfully manage a variety of events;
- Organize simultaneously while remaining organized, efficient and flexible;
- Understand the requirements for each event;
- Responsible for on-going communication regarding event date, location, and other logistics;
- Design and document virtual event technical/operational training guides for platform support, and execution protocols;
- Quickly troubleshoot and resolve platform issues before, during, and after an event, including the maintenance of a platform incident log;
- Delegate event planning tasks to other staff members where necessary;
- Coordinate event participants, and guest speakers;
- Manage and oversee event set-up including problem-solving, welcoming guests;
- Anticipate and plan for different scenarios;
- Create opportunities for future events
- including possessing a strong working knowledge of the Foundation to further these opportunities;
Key Qualifications and Skills Required:
- A substantial portfolio of successful events;
- Firsthand experience and technical knowledge of leading virtual and on-site events (experience with Zoom meeting platform a plus);
- Demonstrated experience with web streaming, broadcast, and physical/virtual event production;
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills – willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done;
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to learn quickly and operate autonomously in a large, fast-paced, and unpredictable environment;
- Excellent knowledge of IT software programs for event coordination;
- Strong time management, organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to analyze situations and make decisions with minimal oversight;
- Highly motivated self-starter and ability to work independently;
- Calm under pressure.
- Analytical and multitasking skills;
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in public relation, management, business, or relevant field is preferred but not required; significant work experience can substitute for a degree;
- Certificate in Meeting & Event Management preferred, but not required;
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience as an active meeting & event planner, with hands-on experience in all facets of event planning and organization;
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
- All applications must be submitted using the online portal below
- Applications shall be reviewed on a rolling basis
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 12th November 2020.