The Denis and Lenora Foretia Foundation has as mission to catalyze Africa’s economic transformation by focusing on social entrepreneurship, science and technology, innovation, public health and the implementation of progressive policies that together creates economic opportunities for all.
The Denis & Lenora Foretia Foundation seeks to recruit an experienced Account Assistant to assist in the general book keeping and accounting operations. This fulltime position will be based in Yaoundé
Expectations of the Account Assistant
- Processes Payment Vouchers and perform Journal entries according to the Foundations Operations Manual;
- Monitors project budget entries and ensures that expenditures are within the project budget;
- File all documents sent out and received in the Finance department;
- Facilitates all payments in the field during various activities (training, workshops, etc.)
- Compile monthly, annual and yearly budgets and prepare budgetary executions;
- Files all disbursement vouchers systematically no later than the following month and perform cash reconciliations;
- Assist in preparing donor financial reports on time as per the agreement with donors/s, in collaboration with the Foundations Accountant;
- Prepare bank reconciliation at the end of each month.
- Scan and submit vouchers alongside with the financial report as per donors request;
- Assist in payroll management;
- Assist with CNPS & Tax declaration and payment;
- Prepares quarterly and annual financial report in collaboration with the Foundations Accountant.
- Assist in imputing transactions into QuickBooks.
Qualification/ skills required
- Reporting Skills;
- Attention to Detail;
- Time Management.
Education and Experience Required
- Bilingual candidates (English and French) preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in, accounting, or finance;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in accounting/finance. (Preferably in NGO);
- Experience with financial reporting requirements;
- Experience in working with multiple donors;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to lead and motivate a small team would be an advantage;
- Willingness to re-locate to Yaoundé
All applications will be completed ONLINE using the Online Application Portal. To complete your application, you will need:
- A one-page cover letter indicating your interest in the position (in PDF)
- A curriculum vitae/ Resume (in PDF)
- A professional photo
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis (starting September 19, 2022) and continue until all positions are filled.